Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

As easy as they get - Joeri's short track in Greenville, NY

Posted by John Jeanneney:
I’m used to thrashing around in thick swamp brush, but after 35 years I’ve never grown to really like it. Well, the bowhunter told me that he had shot this 10 pointer on the edge of a big and nasty swamp. He had a pass-through with stomach material on the arrow. We went with Joeri to where the hunter had last seen the deer. No blood… it promised to be a long afternoon.

Joeri started out, but not in the direction the hunter had pointed. Fifty yards he went, and then the buck stood up. Finally an easy one! The hunter behind me had his bow, took his shot and hit him in the chest. The buck did not like this at all and charged. Joeri and I stepped aside to let him rush past two feet away. My handgun was still in its holster. Please learn from my mistakes!

Mr. buck stopped within 25 yards and a final  arrow ended the excitement.

October 28: Joeri with the hunter from Greenville, NY

No comments: