Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

October snow in the Helderbergs: the morning after

We will be back with blood tracking stories on Monday when I get back from field trials. I have so many stories and pictures, and just can't wait to post the. Thank you to all who send them in, and good luck everybody this weekend with your hunting and tracking.

This morning was the most beautiful morning I have ever witnessed. We probably got 5-6 inches of snow last night and our trees still have leaves, so what I saw around 7-8 AM was just pure magic. The pictures are posted in a chronological sequence,  the earliest were taken just after sunrise when the sun was very low. I took around 230 pictures, and probably at least 40% of them are really good. The puppy you see in the pictures is Summer, who accompanied me on the first part of my walk around the property.










6 comments:

MTWaggin said...

Jolanta,
Those photos are absolutely STUNNING! Don't tell anyone but I look forward to our first snow. Hope you didn't lose too many trees and that Summer is absolutely precious. What fun shots of her!

MTWaggin said...

Jolanta,
Those photos are absolutely STUNNING! Don't tell anyone but I look forward to our first snow. Hope you didn't lose too many trees and that Summer is absolutely precious. What fun shots of her!

Maribeth said...

Jolanta, these are beautiful! I especially love the lake scene! You are so talented!

Jolanta Jeanneney said...

Thank you!!! Very rarely I can take pics of relections of the snow-covered trees since in winter our pond is frozen and covered with snow. This was one of the rare opportunities. The sky was so blue, and the pond was a perfect mirror.

Lindsjö taxar said...

What beautiful pictures! Good job. But snow already???

Jolanta Jeanneney said...

We are supposed to get 6-10 inches more this weekend!