Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

First season of training and tracking for this promising Bavarian puppy from Germany

Matt Wilkes from Georgia shared these pictures with us:

In anticipation of the arrival of my new BGS pup, I read John's book Tracking Dogs for Finding Wounded Deer several times. Ken Parker brought Beyla back from Germany on September 11, while he was over there training as an apprentice judge. Once she got settled in to her new home I began training her with John's techniques. The Georgia archery season started the following weekend. I was able to kill two does, both of which died in site of my stand. I let Beyla track both deer for practice and she made quick work of both lines.





1 comment:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Thats a very excellent tracking dog. Great job!