Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dog pictures - testing my new camera (Sony DSC-HX1)

Today I am posting some pictures that I took with my new camera Sony DSC-HX1. Over the years I have used two super-zoom digital cameras from Panasonic Lumix series and I liked them a lot. However, they don't do well in low light conditions and their burst mode is not fast enough for taking action pictures (running dogs for example). Until I can afford a really good DSLR camera, I decided to upgrade to the latest camera from Sony. Sony DSC-HX1 seems to have what I was looking for. A powerful 20x optical lens is an equivalent of 28-560 mm; in macro mode you can take pictures 1 cm from the object. The burst mode shoots up tp 10 frames per second. A special feature produces panoramic pictures (see below), and video can be recorded in high definition. The camera is not too heavy at 18 oz. It has many other useful features, and so far I have been impressed.

Above - Billy von Moosbach-Zuzelek, below Olana v Moosbach-Zuzelek, Billy's niece


This is Keena with her favorite toy

Panorama picture of our grounds (on the right side of the fence). This is where our dachshunds can get plenty of exercise.

Pictures showing spring in the Helderberg Mountains.

2 comments:

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jolanta Jeanneney said...

Gary,
I really like the anti-blurr motion mode for the low light conditions. It is an amazing feature. Most of the time I shoot without a tripod, and now pictures are sharp even when it is quite dark outside.

Jolanta