Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

While puppies play we observe and learn about them

Today it has been raining, sometimes heavily, but we managed to put puppies out for a couple of hours. It's a challenge to keep puppies occupied and their brains challenged. To provide enriched environment for the pups and learn something about them, today we attached several small balloons to their pen and watched their response. Some played with the balloons, some were not interested. Some were persistent, others were not. Some learned something during the play and adjusted their strategies.

I learned quite a bit about individual pups while watching them for just few minutes.

3 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

How qute and interesting ....I cant wait for Tyra to get ones. I´m working on my new homepage. I changed distributor so I have to make a everyting from start again.

Samantha said...

The pups are absolutely adorable! It is amazing how much we can learn from our dogs/pups if we take the time to sit back and watch. I am very interested in why and how dogs do what they do. I'm not sure I will every completely understand! I admire you and John for taking the time to understand all of your dogs to the maximum extent and do what is best for them.

Jolanta Jeanneney said...

Thank you Sam and Majron.