Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blog on wirehaired dackels and a video on dachshunds

For those who'd like to learn more about European dachshunds from perspective of an American living in Europe, this is a new blog to follow: http://whdackel.blogspot.com/. You will find a link to the blog in our blogroll.

Julie Weidner is a graduate student from Wisconsin, who currently lives in Switzerland, and she has acquired two European wirehaired dachshunds.  We got connected through our blog, and it looks like we are on the same wavelength.

I like Julie's post about dachshunds in the media. If you have 87 minutes to spare, watch the video she refers to at



Julie's comments about the video are right on the money. If you watch the video, you'll see Antonio Palladini, a prominent breeder from Italy http://www.val-vezzeno.it/. Tommy's sire Skuleskogens N Boris is owned by Palladini (Boris was bred in Sweden).

Even if you do not speak German or French (there is no English version as far as I know) the video is worth watching just to see how dachshunds are raised and handled in various countries. I know for sure I would not want to be a dachshund in Japan. I think around 7:30 minutes into the video you will see a dachshund playing with a young lion and standing its ground!
 
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Great video, as I am half German and speak German I had a great time.
We will mate Tyra this week. I had to change male beacause all cabins where sold out on the ferry to Finland. But I have a great male now, Hunting champ, good lookding and inbreeding 0,0 %
Look att my hompage www.jaktvallens.se under valpkull planeras

Jolanta Jeanneney said...

How exciting Majron about the upcoming breeding! Good luck. I am looking forward to reading about puppies.