Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Blood tracking dogs become legal in Ontario

Residents of Ontario, Canada have a reason to celebrate as tracking dogs became legal there. Thanks to Joe Kopcok for the news:

Hi John. I met you in Wisconsin. My Name is Joe Kopcok  and I have Slovensky Kopov dogs. Just wanted to let you know that Ontario has legalized the use of tracking dogs. I called Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters to see what was going on with this legislation. I spoke to Mark Ryckman and he had told me that the OFAH Big Game Advisory Committee and the Wildlife Policy Section of the Ministry of Natural Resources had a meeting on May 31. The OFHA was advised that there was an amendment to the Environmental Bill of Rights with regards to use tracking dogs for big game retrieval. This is wonderful news. Dogs must be licensed, and all normal rules are to be followed (hunter orange valid big game licence etc.)

More info at
http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/source/regs/english/2013/elaws_src_regs_r13171_e.htm

This is GREAT NEWS!

No comments: