Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

How is Joeri doing?


Several people asked recently about Joeri so a short update is in order. Joeri is doing very well though his gait is not 100%. But he can run freely off-leash and use his nose on rabbits again. This picture was taken in our 11-acre enclosure a week ago or so.

We are not going to use him for tracking wounded game as we do not want to put him at risk. When you track a real wounded deer you never know the terrain and cover that you will be tracking in. Sometimes the brush is so thick that we have to crawl on our knees and elbows. We have quite a few dogs that need a real experience in the field, and Tommy, now 5.5-years-old is a real pro. Joeri can enjoy his life without stress and pressure of expectations. We are so happy to have him as he is a great companion with a lot of soul.

3 comments:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Glad to hear Joeri is doing so well. As for crawling on my knees through bush...I am like Joeri, I'll stay home and have my fun! Happy Fall to you all! Blessings,Karen

Maribeth said...

Yes, now that my girls are retired from breeding, they are my best companions. So glad to hear that Joeri fills your heart He sure stole mine when he was a pup!

Lindsjö taxar said...

Yes I wondered how he is doing?? Great guy, he is doing so great, I am glad.