Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A new tracking puppy for Samantha Allen

Today we received a very nice e-mail from Samantha Allen with pictures of her new puppy:

I thought I would share a few pictures with you of my puppy, after much research and reading your book “Tracking Dogs for Finding Wounded Deer” I was inspired to acquire my first tracking prospect. I have also joined United Blood Trackers and can not wait to begin with training! I have hunted for about 12 years and look forward to finding many trophies that I may have lost without the help of a dog. Thanks for all the great information, videos, pictures etc. on your website. I absolutely love to read and see all the new things you post!

My pups name is Huntin Heaven with Drakesleat Ollie – We call her Ollie! She is out of wirehaired parents but came out a smooth.



Thank you Samantha, and good luck with Ollie! I love his pictures.

3 comments:

Teddy said...

Years ago Karla Deithorn Martin and I co-owned a mini red wire bitch half Drakesleat breeding. She was a non-stop hunter, great personality and a good mother. She was out of wires but gave me the occasional smooth when bred to wires. Good luck with your pup.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you. Your going to love it.
Justin

Samantha said...

Thank you, she is a very sweet pup and doing well with her training. We can't wait to take her out this 2011 season. Her dad was imported from the UK (Drakesleat kennel) and when not hunting or showing he is used as a "truffle dog" - I thought that was pretty interesting! They are used to scent truffles(mushrooms) underground so they can be dug up and sold.