Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pictures of deer recovered by blood tracking dachshunds

This is just first part of  pictures showing deer recovered by blood tracking dachshunds in the last few weeks. More pics will be posted tomorrow. It is difficult to keep up with all the recoveries, when there are so many of them :D Congratulations to all the handlers!

This Ohio monster was recovered by a UBT member Rex Marshall and his dachshund Radar (Oak von Moosbach-Zuzelek). Rex wrote: Radar tracked a buck Friday night for over half a mile around the perimeter of a corn field. The hunter kept saying "he didn't think the buck went this way." At the half mile point, Radar took a 90 degree turn into a wood lot, at which the hunter told me "I don't know who owns this property". I called it off because we didn't have permission to go on this property. All night I tossed and turned, t hinking about how strong Radar was pulling the leash, silent & confident all the way. Next morning, I called the hunter and told him this & said he might want to go back to that last spot and have another look. 24 hours later, the hunter called me & said he found the buck...just 10 yards into the woods from where we stopped!! All I could think of was: "yeh but, he didn't go this way". Way to go Radar!!!!

Another buck recovered by Radar handled by Rex Marshall from Ohio. "Radar found this buck today during rain showers...went over half mile. Found him in a good sized stream." Radar is a son of Joeri and Emma.
What a great tracking season it has been for a 15-month-old Tucker (Storm von Moosbach-Zuzelek) owned by Ray Maurier and Pam Maurier from New Hampshire. Huge congrats!
Scott Meyer from Michigan: This track was very tough one we tracked through a 4 ft tall grass field and finally found him in a brush pile next to a small pound.

A UBT member Scott Meyer from Michigan with his tracking teckel Bear. Bear was sired by Chuck Collier's Moose (Nurmi von Moosbach-Zuzelek).

Kevin Armstrong and his wirehaired dachshund Karma von Moosbach-Zuzelek: This deer must have been pushed too early. The hunter called last evening when he run out of blood. Karma and I took up the track at daylight. The trail was about 500 yards long, it crossed a creek, and made several beds. It was a downright joy to track for and help educate the fine young hunter. He and his hunting partner were both 17 year old high school seniors. This was his first deer. I had a tear of joy when the hunting partner took out his cell phone and said "grandpa, we found it!"

Kevin with Karma's recovery #5. "Tracking is so much easier when the hunter listens to the tracker and does as I suggest. I got a call for this gut shot deer yesterday shortly after dark. The hunter knew he had hit too far back and had the wrong angle. That was all confirmed it by the evidence on the arrow. I advised him to back out quietly and do not disturb the deer over night. He followed my advice. We had a quick and easy recovery at daylight in the morning."

Ohio tracker David Bell recovered this buck with his Quella von Moosbach-Zuzelek. It was a gut-shot deer, the line was 27 hour old and it went for over .5 mile. Quella is a daughter of Joeri and Keena.

1 comment:

Lindsjö taxar said...

Great to read about all the recoveries the dogs do. I wonder...often they find the deer many hours after the shoot. What do they do with it? You cant take care of an animal after maybe 24 hours after the shoot...

Tyra did it! We went to NOrway and on Monday she got her first price in hunting trial. So now shes Nordic Hunting about it on the blog