Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

First deer for Digger


This nice e-mail came a couple of weeks ago from Susie Fitzsimmons. Her Digger was bred by Bob Hageman.
"Hello Jola and John,

I just wanted to let you know that my dog, Digger, found his first deer today. Unfortunately, due to some knee and leg problems I was unable to train Digger near as much as I wanted to. I guess it was enough, however, because this was his first opportunity to do a "real" tracking job and he did fabulous! I was surprised and happy at how aggressive he was about tracking and finding the deer. It was a fresh trail, so perhaps it was an easy job for him.

I'm not sure we would have found the deer without Digger's assistance, so we were certainly pleased, and very happy for the young man that was able to recover his deer.

Thanks for all your support and assistance, advice, etc. last year when I was getting Digger started. "

No comments: