Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog on training a young Bavarian Montain Hound

A week ago we received e-mail from Peter Cheeseman who has a blog documenting the blood tracking training of his young Bavarian Mountain Hound Heidi.
 
Hi John and Jolanta
I regularly check out you web and blog site with great interest, and must commend you on all the time and effort that you put into it. It is a great source of information for anyone, wherever they are in the world. Congratulations.

I live in the UK, and in May of this year took on a Bavarian Mountain Hound pup, Heidi. Coming from a background where I have trained trained and used gun dogs in the past I am keen to get her training right, (to do her justice more than anything else). The problem I found here is that there is a lot of information about training to track for the slightly mature dog, but not so much from a few weeks old, through their first year. Therefore I decided that I would put down all my training notes on a blog, mainly for my my own record, but if others want to see, they are obviously welcome.

If you feel that you would like to check it out please do: yabanjinpeter.blogspot.com  Its not very professional, and there's a lot there, so don't get bored. If you have any comments I would greatly welcome them, not so much on the site, but the training.

By the way I've just ordered your new book from Amazon, and am looking forward to reading it as soon as it arrives. Please keep up the good work, you are both invaluable.

Kind Regards

Peter Cheeseman

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your kind words. We have been away for a week and trying to catch up with all the correspondence. I took a look at your blog and it does have a lot of information. I wish I had more time to spend there. When do you think you will have her on a "real thing"? This will help with her motivation even though as you pointed out she loves to track even though she is not that interested in the find at the end of track. I am looking forward to your future posts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!