Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The blog is three years old!

On September 5, 2008 we created the blog and and posted for the first time. So it looks like tomorrow we should celebrate a three year anniversary. In total there have been 594 posts and  around 130,600 page views. A big thank you to the readers for joining us on this journey. Hopefully it has been worthwhile your time. Also many thanks for sharing with us your stories and pictures, and for providing feedback. We could not do it without you!

The anniversary might be a good time to reflect a little bit. Let us know what you think. Why are you here? If you read regularly, what do you value the most? What features don't you like? Is the blog too narrow in scope, too wide or just right? Too many pictures? Not enough humor? Too much substance or not enough of it?  What is your favorite post?

I think that the blog reflects our own focus on education and information sharing. But it also provided us with a forum to talk about our own lives and what we are passionate about - blood tracking and hunting dogs, dachshunds raised out of European bloodlines, ethical hunting, photography.  Posting 2-3 times a week takes time and work, that's for sure, but it is actually hard to imagine how our lives used to be in the pre-blog days. No doubt that the blog has become an important part of our life. We appreciate that you have come along.

I'll close this with post with a picture of me with my first dachshund puppy. It was taken in 1977 in Warsaw, Poland, by my first husband Chris. the dachshund was a standard smooth out of pet breeding, and her name was Zuzia. Zuzia accompanied Chris and me when we immigrated to Canada (via refugee camp in Turkey), and she died in 1990 in Edmonton, Canada. She certainly changed my life. I hope that the dogs present in your life have changed it too for the better.

Jolanta Jeanneney with her first dachshund puppy in 1977.

4 comments:

Brady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brady said...

Jolanta,

Happy birthday to a wonderful blog. Yours is one of only a very few that I follow regularly. I always look forward to seeing a new post. I am anxiously awaiting hunting/tracking season stories!

Jolanta Jeanneney said...

Thank you Brady! We are happy to have you here. I deleted your other comment, which was almost a duplicate of the second one.

Christina Loew said...

I love the picture of you with your first puppy! Thanks for posting it.