Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

Steffi is still tracking at the old age of 15.5


We were delighted to receive this e-mail from  Danny Horner with two pictures of his Steffi (Wynona von Moosbach-Zuzelek) who was born on April 5, 1998:

 Steffi is doing great for 15.5 yrs. She is losing her hearing though. She just had a complete physical, blood work and teeth cleaned (4 teeth removed over her lifetime, 0 this last time). She has elevated liver numbers and the Denamarin seems to keep her numbers somewhat in check, so the vet says. 

 Steffi eats good, still loves dog treats and loves camping under the dinner table next to the kids. She is a happy dog that loves people except maybe my two year old who is a little rough. 

 The buck in the photograph is one Steffi found for me this pass Saturday. I shot the deer 20 yards away at 5:40 pm, a complete pass through, arrow covered in blood and I was struggling keeping on the blood trail (my eyes are failing me) I did not want to leave the animal overnight to spoil. (TV personalities do it all the time and its aggravating).

 Brought Steffi to the hit site and she recovered the deer within 30 min. I spent that much time at the shot location. Steffi mauled the deer for a little while as her reward and then the process began. The live buck, the shot and the recovery was videoed as all my hunts are. 

 Jolanta, the time and effort you and John put into born-to-track.com is amazing. I don't know how you do it and I want to thank you for the service you provide to the hunting community. You have change the hunting industry throughout the country much like trail cameras have but in a different way. 

Thank you Danny! It's so good to see Steffi in such a good shape at her ripe old age. 

4 comments:

Daniel said...

I see there is a video, where can I watch it?

Great post!

Jolanta Jeanneney said...

No video available to the public. Danny videos his hunts for himself.

Daniel said...

O gotcha, I was hoping to check it out :)

Lindsjö taxar said...

What a tracking lady!! Amazing!