Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Leroy and Caroline - new additions to AJ's pack

We wrote about AJ Niette from Georgia a couple of months ago. At the time he was working with two dogs, Jake (above) and Molly. Since then he has added two more - Leroy and Caroline. He wrote recently:
"This deer tracking can get in your blood...only eight more months before it starts again and it will be here before you know it.....especially when you are working with two pups.....I run a lines for Jake and Molly atleast once a month.

The above picture is of Leroy (beagle/walker mix) and it was taken about 6 wks ago when I first got him and the second one is current. Leroy loves me very much and he makes great effort to show me. He has a great nose (cold) and he can track a 24hr track with no problem. He will get out about 40 yds and look back to see if I`m coming. He will be one of the best trackers by the end of next season, he is 6 months old now and he wants to please me so much. He is very gentle and appreciative of everything. I can see it in his eyes and in his actions as though he is telling me watch me I can do this for you.


It is March 1, 2009 and it is snowing . It been snowing for three hrs and it 3 inches deep. My dogs have been out in playing and running it is their first snow.

This is Caroline and she has brindle markings on her black coat and a white blaze on her head. Her sire is a Plott/Bluetick mix and her dam is a black mouth cur."
These dogs hit a jackpot. AJ has an extraordinary talent for bringing out the best in his dogs by giving them a lot of attention, affection and training.




No comments: