Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pete and Lisa - a hard working Deer Search tracking team

We are happy to report that Lisa continues to do really well. Pete Martin is a member of Deer Search, a NY-based organization of volunteer trackers. Pete said in a recent e-mail "I can't keep up with all the calls and neither can Lisa. I think this weekend is going to get really crazy." I know what he means... and I hope that Thanksgiving is quiet.
Hi John & Jola - Lisa is just awesome this year. Another 8 pt. buck to her credit.Very little blood.Three restarts. First one I was correct in reading her -she was right the first half of the way, about three-four hundred yards. Second start she was looking at me saying this is the way the deer went. Third restart. Lisa - OK, how many times are we going to do this? Hunter & friend swore the deer went in different direction. (I'll bet no tracker ever heard that before). I chose to go with her nose. Total track was appox. 800 yds. Deer crossed road going uphill. Near perfect shot placement but arrow hit far side of shoulder and did not exit. Most of arrow was recoverd 25 yards from hit site.Very little hair. Nice typical 8 pointer. Again Lisa told me to believe her and made believers out of the hunting party. Scenting conditions were very good but Lisa was confused when she brought us close to the deer. I think because of the tremendous amount of scent circulating in the area.


Pete Martin is holding Lisa next to the eight pointer she has recovered.

No comments: