Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Helederbergs in their autumn glory: the colors are peaking

I know that a tracking season is in a full swing and there are so many stories and pictures to share with readers of this blog. But this fall has also produced some exceptional colors so I am going to post a sample of my pictures. They all have been taken in this area in the last two weeks. There is no other place I'd rather live in September and October.
This picture shows a small swamp just 3 miles from our place in Berne, NY. Several years ago a hunter harvested a black bear here that was over 500 lbs. By the way, ten days ago or so one of our trail camera caught a short video of a pretty big, fat bear on our property, just ten yards from our dogs' fenced field.
A view from our property onto the Helderbergs.

A view from our driveway onto our neighbor's land across Route 443.
Woodstock Lake, Berne, NY
Few days ago we had our first frost, and this was a view from our front porch.
I was running errands in Cobleskill today, and this was a view of I-88. It looks like colors are in their peak.

No comments: